It has been a wonderful experience to be nominated for sunshine blogger award by dreamsdoodledraw blog .
Thank you Samuditha !
Kindly visit her blog and I have been following her.
•Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
•Nominate eleven new blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
•List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
1.What inspires you to blog?
I work 6 days a week 9to 4.30 as a psychiatrist in India. I am an artist I miss art , I sometimes fear losing my feelings and thoughts , as I hear and treat people in distress all through the week. I started to blog to find an artistic vent or sublimation of my own feelings in a non intrusive manner to those who are willing and kind enough to read me.
2.Who’s your favorite singer/band right now?
There is a band called “Poets of the fall” I love all their numbers.
3.Who’s your favorite superhero and why?
My favorite heroines are Maya Angelou, Alice Walker , Madam Curie.
Heroes are Albert Schweitzer, Victor Frankl , Antonio Banderas , Steven Spielberg…A long list. I can not find only one.
4.How many times have you had a near-death experience (NDE?)
Several times. As an asthmatic in childhood , I was critically ill 3 times , gasping after chest infections. Once on the bike I could have come under a bus , once while climbing a peak, Next I was sexually assaulted, twice my patients attempted suicide in front of me, twice I was emotionally blackmailed with threats of suicide for 4 hours and 6 hours at night , I had to talk them out of suicide, I shared the near death experience , that was similar to death for me also. Once I was knocked down on the road by a biker who drove in a no entry road , this was few months ago. Yeah , I have had a brave life against death 🙂
5.1-story or 2-story house?
1 story house.
6.What is one thing you wish you could change about your life?
I can not answer this honestly here.
7.What is one of the best life decisions you’ve made?
To continue as a doctor and declining the second movie assignment and doing MD psychiatry instead.
8.If you could tell your self from 10 years ago one thing, what would you say?
Please be confident , do not harm your self, you are a very good human being. Stop feeling guilty for not fighting back a sexual assault and being paralyzed , stop doubting your self, do not succumb to cyber stalkers and hackers of your E-mail accounts. Do not get perturbed by silent treatment and ostracism.
9. How do you get out of bed in the morning? (Throw the covers off, roll out, etc.)
I wake up and say a prayer in bed and fold my hands and look at them . It is a custom in our faith.
10.Would you rather lose your eyesight or hearing?
Neither is an option. My eyes will lead the blind and my ears will hear the deaf. Disability is not a voluntary choice. Should never be. I work on rehabilitation of the disabled.
Thank you for the questions
The above mentioned are my nominations. If they decline or have already received the award they are free to nominate 11 others.
My questions are
- What would you choose Love for one man/ woman or an opportunity to serve the humanity ?
- If you had to choose between adoption or reproducing your own child what would you prefer ?
- Which is the first poem that made you cry ?
- When did you first realize that love is important ?
- If you could describe your mother in one sentence what would it be ?
- What do you think can make a person feel at home , if you were the host ?
- Which was a turning experience in your life ?
- What makes your life most precious according to you ?
- Have you ever loved an animal ?
- IF you could talk to yourself after 10 years what would you say ? or how do you visualize yourself after 10 years ?